Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencils

I've been very excited about trying out these babies, as my general work-day face is done during traffic light stops in my car (don't tell Mr. T). The promise of smudge-and-budge proof, all-day wearing, super-quick-and-easy-to-apply colour appealed to this perpetually rushed workaholic.
However, by the time they were released, I was already settled back in Australia with no Urban Decay stockist - egads! Luckily enough, a lovely seller on eBay had the gift "stash" for a good price.


The lovely set! Excuse the crappy photo.
Note that the picture doesn't do justice to the size - these babies are big, at 2.5g each. So you'll need a big sharpener (the sharpener that came with my Tarte SmolderEYES works well with it).
The Shades

- Delinquent - a very deep plummy-purple with a violet shimmer.

- Rehab - a warm, deep brown.

- Juju - a mid-toned, warm taupe.

- Sin - a warm yet slightly pink-toned champagne.

- Clash - a bright, vivid turquoise.


The Verdict

Ease of use: These guys don't lie about how easy the shadows are to use. You don't even really need a mirror if you're only applying the one shade all over your lid, just draw and smudge with your finger (if you like). They are pretty damn blendable as well, so it's a cinch to blend colours. They work pretty well with powder-formula shadows as well, unlike other stick/long-wearing cream shadows I've tried.

Colour pay-off: Urban Decay products are consistently well pigmented. I haven't had a product yet that disappointed me in those stakes. These are no different. The shades are metallic and vivid and gorgeous. My favourites of the set would have to be Sin (what a surprise, I love the Sin powder eyeshadow also!) and Clash.

Longevity: Now... here's where we get a bit iffy.
When worn as a liner, these guys last beautifully. Clash did not budge when I wore it on a rainy work day from 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. No fallout, no sweat-smearing, NOTHING. Muy impressed! Here's Clash worn as a liner, from a FOTD:




Wearing them as an all-over shadow, though.... not without a primer. I got about three hours' wear when wearing Sin and Rehab all over (blended) before it settled into my eyelid crease like a beigey-taupe creek. The next day I tried it with my Urban Decay Primer Potion, and it lasted all day.

Recommended? Abso-freaking-lutely! Anything reliable I can keep in my work or gym bag gets my thumbs up.

Bought on eBay for AUD$44 inc. postage. Product available from Sephora.

1 comment:

  1. These look gorgeous! I'm a big fan of the 24/7 liners so figure these would be equally as great. Especially like the look of Sin and Juju

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...